CSR at Enbridge
Enbridge adheres to a strong set of corporate values, and has adopted and implemented a number of corporate responsibility policies and practices. We contribute positively to society by:
- building lasting relationships with our stakeholders
- acting ethically and responsibly
- supporting the needs of communities, our investors, governments, our employees and others
At Enbridge, conducting business in a responsible manner means:
- conducting business in a socially responsible and ethical manner
- protecting the environment and the safety of people
- providing economic and other benefits to the communities in which we operate
- supporting universal human rights
- employing a variety of policies, programs and practices to manage corporate governance and ensure fair, full and timely disclosure
At home and abroad, employees must adhere to our Statement on Business Conduct. This code of conduct outlines the expected standards of behaviour and ethics in our business endeavours, and is a condition of employment at Enbridge.
In 2003, Enbridge became a signatory to the United Nations Global Compact, an international initiative in support of human rights, labour and the environment.