Enbridge plays an important role in enabling the economic well-being and quality of life of North Americans, who depend on access to plentiful energy.
Our vision is to be the leading energy delivery company in North America. Our primary purpose is to deliver the energy North Americans need in the safest, most reliable and most efficient way possible.
Enbridge’s strategic plan provides the foundation for everything we do at Enbridge, and supports our purpose of fueling people’s quality of life. Our strategic plan is a road map to the future, with eight areas of strategic emphasis in four key focus areas:
Commit to Safety and Operational Reliability
- Safety and operational reliability remains our No. 1 priority, and sets the foundation for our strategic plan
- This commitment means achieving and maintaining industry leadership in safety, and ensuring the reliability and integrity of our systems
Execute: Focus on Project Management
- Successful project execution is critical to achieving our long-term growth plan
- Our objective is to safely deliver projects on time, on budget and at the lowest practical cost while maintaining the highest standards for safety, quality, customer satisfaction and environmental and regulatory compliance
Execute: Preserve Financing Strength and Flexibility
- Our financing strategies are designed to ensure we have sufficient financial flexibility to meet our capital requirements
- Our risk management policy supports a reliable business model, one of the key components of our investor value proposition
Secure the Longer-Term Future: Strengthen Core Businesses
- Within our crude oil transportation business, strategies to strengthen the core business are focused on optimizing asset performance, strengthening stakeholder and customer relationships, and providing access to new markets for production
- Following the February 2017 merger with Spectra Energy, Enbridge plans to expand and extend legacy Spectra gas pipelines to serve growing demand markets in the U.S., Canada and Mexico
- We expect to continue expanding our Canadian midstream footprint, pursue ultra-deep water offshore natural gas and crude oil transmission opportunities, and taking advantage of our post-merger position as the leading gas processing company in the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin (WCSB)
Enbridge is better positioned than ever to be a leader in North America’s energy future
Safety will always be our No. 1 priority. Ensuring the safety of communities and the environment is our most important duty—and everything we do is based on this foundation.
Secure the Longer-Term Future: Enhance Strategic Growth Platforms
- The Enbridge-Spectra merger positions us with about 50% of non-liquids infrastructure assets, a key piece of our diversification strategy
- The Enbridge-Spectra merger significantly increases our footprint in growing U.S. markets, such as Florida and the Northeast
- We will continue to secure investment in additional renewable energy generation and liquefied natural gas (LNG) development
Maintain the Foundation: Uphold Enbridge Values
- We demonstrate integrity, safety and respect in support of our communities, the environment and each other
- Our employees are expected to uphold these values in their interactions with customers, suppliers, landowners, community members, and each other
- Our business decisions will be consistent with these values
Maintain the Foundation: Maintain the Company’s Social License to Operate
- Earning and maintaining social license is critical to our ability to execute on our growth plans
- We are increasingly focused on building long-term relationships by understanding, accommodating and resolving public concerns related to our projects and operations
Maintain the Foundation: Attract, Retain and Develop Highly Capable People
- Attracting, retaining and developing employees and future leaders is fundamental to executing our growth strategy, and creating sustainability for future success
- We’re focusing on enhancing the capability of our people to maximize the potential of the organization
For a more detailed explanation of Enbridge’s corporate vision and strategy, please see the Enbridge Inc. 2016 Annual Report.
We're constantly on the lookout for talented professionals and tradespeople of all skill levels and experience to join our team.
Check out our interactive map encompassing the full scope of Enbridge's North American energy infrastructure—oil and gas pipelines, wind farms, solar projects, distribution systems, and more.